Kovels’ American Antiques, 1750-1900
Kovels’ American Antiques is an indispensable tool for all collectors, history buffs, and anyone who wants to know how to recognize, evaluate, purchase and care for antiques.
In a stunning package that showcases the breadth of expertise that defines their career, the Kovels have written an essential book about America’s historical past for today’s ” new century” marketplace.
– Focuses on the antiques made or used in America from 1750- 1900 that appeal to today’s collector.
– Reflects all the new methods of dating and evaluating American artifacts.
– Covers 18th- and 19th-century pottery and porcelain, glass, furniture, silver, clocks, jewelry, and other decorative arts.
– Includes lists of the most important designers and factories with dates, locations, and marks PLUS a bibliography for further reading.
– Stories of discoveries, tips on care, and warnings about fakes and fantasy items.
|Format||Paperback Book, 400 pages||Language||English|
|Publisher||Random House Reference Publishing (Unknown)||Edition||Unknown|
|ISBN-13||9780609808924||Dimensions||7.12 x 9.24 x 0.91 inches|
|ISBN-10||0609808923||Shipping Weight||2.03 lbs|
|Categories||Americana Antique Collectibles|
You May Also Like: The Dictionary of Antiques & Collectibles